Monday, February 5, 2018
So today in the morning we just went and helped clean up Elder Appiah and Elder Robi's old apartment so now that there are no other elders coming so they shut down part of Walakuba. We just cleaned it up and took some of the stuff that they didn't need anymore. Then we had another sports day which was fun we got to meet all the new elders that just arrived in the mission. There are two new elders in my zone. Their names are Elder Payne and Elder Hyer, they are awesome guys. Elder Payne is jacked out of his mind we actually both had a lot in common. We both played football and baseball. We both wrestled and we both like to work out too. I think that we are going to become really good friends and he's leaving a transfer early so he'll be coming home with me for school. He's in the semester for January 2020 so if he came home in his transfer he would miss school so he'll come home a transfer early with me. Today was an okay day because I'm still sick and in a grumpy mood. Hopefully I'll get better and my mood will change here pretty quickly so Elder Johnson doesn't have to deal with my grumpiness. So that's everything for February 5th, 2018.
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Today wasn't a bad day actually except that our water is out so we have no water to get ready and such. So we went and did service for Emily who is a less active and we just cleaned up her backyard which is honestly like 5 feet square big so not very hard today. Came back hoping the water would be back on but it wasn't so we headed back over to the other elders apartment and got ready there so it worked out actually. We had 4 lessons planned and we ended up teaching 4 lessons even though they weren't all with the people we had planned with. I think I'm starting to get better because I'm not feeling as crappy as i did yesterday evening so that's good.
Today wasn't a bad day actually except that our water is out so we have no water to get ready and such. So we went and did service for Emily who is a less active and we just cleaned up her backyard which is honestly like 5 feet square big so not very hard today. Came back hoping the water would be back on but it wasn't so we headed back over to the other elders apartment and got ready there so it worked out actually. We had 4 lessons planned and we ended up teaching 4 lessons even though they weren't all with the people we had planned with. I think I'm starting to get better because I'm not feeling as crappy as i did yesterday evening so that's good.
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
So today we figured out why we had no water. Our water tank had been switched off by someone so we went back outside and we switched it back on so now we had water to drink and to get ready with today so that was super nice. We had DDM today and we realized that we don't have another DDM until week 5 of this transfer because of interviews in week 3 and zone conference in week 4 and so that is kind of cool. We came home, had lunch and went about our day. We taught Stella and Peterson which was awesome because they are getting married on Saturday then Stella will be baptized on Sunday. So we printed out some little wedding pass out invitations for Peterson but he wanted more so instead of each family getting one he wanted everyone to have one so we went back to the church and we made up some more, but he ended up taking us to meet his family super funny guy and family. I'm still not feeling so great hopefully I can start to feel better and not half and half and hopefully my knees won't hurt anymore when walking anymore. I love this chance to serve a mission. Sure it's hard but its also easy when I focus on what I have to do. That's everything for February 7th, 2018.
Thursday, February 8, 2018
So we had service today at Sister Irene's we dug in her garden. Then she popped us some popcorn which is literally homemade straight from the cob which is awesome so good. We taught Mercy who is being baptized on Sunday, Stella and Peterson who will be married on Saturday and then Stella will be baptized on Sunday. So this weekend will be crazy but fun I'm looking forward to it. So I'm beginning to understand the people better here and even better is that they are starting to understand me haha yes. Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jake hope your day is amazing. LOVE YOU TONS.
Friday, February 9, 2018
It was super busy today we had a lesson before weekly planning it was with Fabrice who is a RC (recent convert) so it was good, but we found out that he is moving back to his home country of Rwanda which is sad because we wont see him anymore. So maybe I'll get transferred to Rwanda and we can see each other again. I have a bond with him because he was the first person I baptized on my mission and he is powerful. I realized I love being in Uganda and I love being a missionary. I am really going to be sad when my time ends here, but luckily I have lots of it left.
Saturday, February 10, 2018
So today was the day of the wedding it was so busy wow for such a small wedding it was still super busy. Peterson wanted to borrow some stuff so he could look good so I let him borrow a tie and belt while Johnson gave him one of his shirts. The wedding was awesome and funny its not like the weddings at home at all. But its the best wedding I have been to in Uganda so far. Also the day even ended up turning into a better day because I got some letters from home from Grandpa and Grandma Brady finally they are here, but only 5 of them so far. So the rest are still out there hopefully they come soon. This day was amazing one of the best days so far on the mission.
Sunday, February 11, 2018
Church was amazing today. We had 2 baptisms today its amazing. I got to baptize Stella while Johnson baptized Mercy both of them are powerful RCs. Baptisms are the best part of the mission because you get to see how much the investigators grow while you are teaching them. You really do grow to love them and that love is so strong especially when they are baptized. I love this blessing because really the mission no matter what happens while I'm on it is the best because I'm serving the Lord totally for these 2 years and forgetting everything else. I can see how much I have really grown in this short time I have been here and I cant wait to see the end product when these 2 years are done. But for now I'm devoted to serving the Lord only and I will serve him the best I can for the time I have left here.
| Stella & Peterson's Wedding |
| Following Stella & Peterson's Wedding |
| Peterson & Elder Brady |
| The letters from Grandpa & Grandma Brady finally arrived!! |
| Add caption |
| Mercy's Baptism |
| Stella's Baptism |
| Our ward mission leader. |
No comments:
Post a Comment