Monday, February 12, 2018
Today was fun we cleaned our house and it was really dirty after not cleaning it for two weeks, never doing that again. Then we went to town and went to the zone leaders house for lunch it was really good and the sauce that was on top of the rice balls had some surprise meat in them that I didn't know was there until after. It was cow stomach and intestine and it wasn't half bad actually, surprising. We then went and got haircuts I just got my neck and sides cut so next transfer both the sides and the top are gonna have to be cut because both the sides and the top are going to be super long cuz I didn’t even get it trimmed this time. Then we went and emailed the families. My grandpa Davis sent me an email which I and the family think is a scam about a guy wanting to start a horse farm in Uganda because this isn't the best place to raise horses as foot rot will come pretty easy because in the places where you can have horses it’s really wet. My mom asked me about it, she said, “Have you told any investigators or Ugandans about Grandpa’s ranch?” I said, investigators or Ugandans? no, but missionaries? yes so I'm pretty sure it's a scam, but I still can’t believe we are into the 3rd week of my 2nd transfer time is really flying by I love working for the Lord. It’s the best as long as I stay focused and forget myself and go to work, time just flies by. The days are long, but the weeks are over fast. So that’s everything for Monday, February 12, 2018.
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 today started out weird, on the way to JaJa Cuba’s we were almost attacked by dogs actually I was scared cuz the dogs didn’t understand English cuz the owner came out and started yelling at them in Ugandan and they stopped, so yeah that was really scary because we couldn’t have done anything to stop them from attacking us. At the end of service we also ended up giving JaJa Cuba a blessing because she was sick and feeling dizzy and just laid down outside in the shade so yeah and I was the one who gave the blessing it was scary because it was my first blessing I actually gave I'm just so grateful that I was worthy to give it to her and that I had the Holy Ghost to help prompt me. She started to feel better by the time we were getting ready to leave so that's good. Then the day just went by normal and in the evening it turned because as we were heading home, Joseph, a kid who we hadn't taught in awhile because he was bouncing us after being a pretty serious investigator he stopped us and told us he’d gotten another job and so he was ready to start sharing again which is super awesome and also he wants to bring his girlfriend who was taught by the sister's a little bit and so hopefully everything goes well and we'll get them interested again in the gospel and hopefully get them baptized, so that would be awesome.
Wednesday, February 14, 2018, Happy Valentine's Day. Oh well, the festivities are now over for me today. So today we had interviews and they were actually really good. So I asked President Collings questions about me and how I could be a better missionary and have constant growth throughout my mission.
He gave me three questions to ponder and prayfully ask and answer and write the answers in my missionary handbook and continue to look at them throughout my mission. Also today since Elder Ankrah and Burnham were going to be late getting back for an appointment, Sister Collings she gave us a ride back to Walukuba which is super nice. I got the front cuz I'm the tallest, it’s the best and I had the AC blowing on me and it felt so good. I miss the cold so much, it was really hard to leave that car and get outside but as we went throughout the day it was good cuz we were busy all day. Also I was able to ask a member, who is Moses, and he’s the Elder’s Quorum President, if he could find me a weight bar so I could start to workout and he said he knew a guy and would talk to him and get back to me on it. So fingers crossed cuz I’d like to workout on my mission because two years not working out is a long time.
Thursday, February 15, 2018
So today was a good day but it was really tiring we walked a lot. Hopefully with all this walking I’m not losing too much weight also I hope Moses comes through with that weight bar. Today made me tired, but things that we accomplished today were good sure we got bounced some today but we were always busy and we didn’t have any down time so the day continued to pass by fast which is really good. We got to meet with Geoffrey today, it was only like the third time that we have taught him, he told us that he knows what we teach him is true, that the Book of Mormon is true and that the church is true. It was really amazing because it came so fast so in like some cases Heavenly Father works faster and in some others they or like you and me we need to develop patience with him and everyone that we meet and teach only then can we get our answers because sometimes we need to learn things before he can answer us so we need to stay faithful and trust in Heavenly Father always. We were talking to a street contact lady today who was just sitting and she was asking us all these weird questions but more like she's asking Elder Johnson cuz I was talking to her younger brother who's actually interested in what we were teaching. She asked if we are allowed to have girlfriends and we told her we can, but we don’t and we are not allowed to have girlfriends in Africa. I was just glad that she was asking Elder Johnson these questions, but he took care of it and gave her a restoration pamphlet and told her to come to church and we would try and help her so hopefully she doesn’t show up on our doorstep drunk one evening. Fingers crossed. That was an experience that I will forever remember.
Friday, February 16, 2018
Today started off long because we had weekly planning so I have a feeling that every Friday will start off being long which is something I'm not looking forward to. But we did set goals and figure out who we are going to focus on in this upcoming week so that's good. After weekly planning we started doing normal missionary work and the day flew by, we got so many things accomplished we had great lessons today and the people who we teach are great and so humble, it's the best.
Saturday, February 17, 2018
Today was long and it made me happy knowing that we have service on Tuesdays and Thursdays or else every other day basically would be super long and tiring. So we taught with a member today and as we were teaching an investigator named Florence we were going to extend a baptism date and Bro. Wilson, the member, told us that she is a member just a less-active one so that surprised us actually tons. She has been a member since 2002 haha so yea long time and the rest of her family are members and she is single because her husband passed away, but he also was a member. We were able to meet with Thomas who we haven't met in a while because he has been working the day and night shifts so 23 hours a day and when we saw him he looked so tired, so I don't know how he is still going.
Sunday, February 18, 2018
Today was good, but right as I was getting ready to start breakfast the power went out good thing we have a gas stove so we were still able to have breakfast. Church was normal, but just as we were about to start church we had a senior couple who served in the mission visit and it surprised everyone. We were able to chat with them and they are from Utah, so that's sweet and they are awesome people. So yea today was super fun and long, but still really good because we were busy so it flew by.
No comments:
Post a Comment