Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Week 1

12/4/2017
(This is his 1st email after being in Africa for about a week.)
     On Wednesday I flew into Johannesburg and went to the MTC, there are 5 American elders here at the MTC.
     On Thursday the rest of the missionaries turned up there are 13 others, I got my MTC comp. his name is Elder Ntshangase and he is from South Africa and he is going to Zimbabwe also he is 25. So the rest of the missionaries are Elder Kirkpatrick who is from Payson Utah and we have hit up a friendship, Elder Bratsman is Northern California, Elder Mauerman is from Orem Utah, Elder Collett is from Dutch John, Utah, Elder Senikuricini (Sin) is from Fiji, Elder Myeni is from Swaziland, Elder Bvute is from South Africa, Elder Chalke is from Australia and we have a trio of friends with him so its me (T-Time), Kirkpatrick (KP), and Chalke. Elder Kaluluma is from Malawi, Elder Molutsi is form South Africa, Elder Lukumay is Tanzania, Sister Natocho is from Uganda, Sister Lutta is from Kenya, Sister Nakami is from Uganda, Sister Nkohla is from South Africa. KP, Bratsman, Kaluluma is going to Uganda with me. Collett, Mauerman, Sin, Myeni, Chalke are going to the South Africa Capetown Mission. Bvute, Lukumay, Ntshangase, Sister Natocho, Sister Lutta, Sister Nkohla are going to Zimbabwe, Molutsi and Sister Nakami are going to Kenya, Milne is going to the Philippines he is here cause of Visa problems.
     Friday was the day that we really started classes so far we have 3 teachers and I like Brother Delate the most, he is from South Africa and went on a mission to the London, England Mission he has been home for 4 months now. The MTC has a gym, but the kicker is we can only use it on P-Days so yea.
     Saturday was another long day in classes Today we taught the African missionaries how to play American Football they loved it. Because they get more breaks than rugby.
     Sunday was Fast Sunday so we had a normal sacrament meeting with talks and all. We watched 17 Miracles and The District 2. Had cake and Ice Cream for all the birthdays we had before the MTC.
     Monday was another long but good day; honestly I kinda want to go home, but I'm trying my best to serve the Lord. It's hard being away from my family, but my roommates make it better with the pranks we pull. I have a video, but I can't send it yet because President says it will make the internet slow downloading so you guys will just have to wait till I get out in the field.
That's all. Talk to you guys next week.
Elder Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment