Wednesday: Passed by pretty quick it's becoming easier but not quite. Today we had the Mental, Medical and Security people come in and talk to us about keeping safe and staying unstressed. It seems that South Africa is a very dangerous place, I guess I should have realized that from the walls and gates surrounding the MTC. Well big cultural shock came today when one of the African elders in my room came over and stuck his barefoot in my shoe without even asking permission and he is 20 years old, you'd think he would know better, it was disgusting but I got my shoe cleaned and such.
Thursday: Today we went to the temple it was amazing it's really small, but I know that it is still God's house and I felt the spirit so much there so grateful to be able to go again before I get in the field. We had transfers today and I got a new companion today he is American and he is from Orem, Utah, His name is Elder Mauerman, finally I can understand my companion talking haha.
Friday: It was a long day, got in a new district, I have a bigger room it's amazing so much room. We played American Football Africans love it so much haha its tons of fun.
Saturday: Time is starting to go by faster. We were able to go outside for a class felt amazing to get outside the walls of the MTC Building. I made a goal to do 200 push ups a day so far so good.
Sunday: I was picked to talk in sacrament meeting today I talked on the Book of Mormon it was really good I talked about my experience with Nephi's Quest, which is like pioneers for the youth, except we are in the ancient Americas. Elder Hamilton of the Seventy came and talked to us, it was amazing and I shook his hand, my first handshake with a General Authority.
Monday: Went by super quick, in our room before bed we had a flex off and I placed 2nd, not bad for not working out since football season. I'm starting to pack up to leave the MTC for the field and this time next week, I'll be in the field. So you guys might not hear from me for 2 weeks cause I'll be traveling so hopefully President Collins let's me email you guys.

No comments:
Post a Comment