Monday, January 15th
Again P-day, the day I honestly look most forward to, but I
should change that so I look forward to every day. So we cleaned the apartment
and got ready. We left for Jinja Town before noon. We got haircuts and I’m
surprised at how well they can cut mozumbu hair. So mozumbu is the word for
white person. They can almost cut hair as good as Kayla, but not quite, don’t
worry sis. We then went and had lunch at the deli again, but we wanted pizza
but the place that did the pizza has closed down which sucks so we settled for
the deli. I had a cheeseburger and it was amazing! So good! We bought some souvenirs,
I got a black panther. It’s pretty cool and it is sitting on my desk. It’s
awesome. I got a Uganda jersey, it’s awesome. Then we went and emailed and it
looks like my parents are getting a little more tech savvy, they figured out
google hangouts and we were able to talk through there. We then wandered around
Jinja Town this place is amazing it’s so cool, the culture is so different I’m
still adjusting a little bit, but it’s awesome. I can’t believe that I was
scared to come here, people are so nice, so humble this might be the only
chance that I have to come to Africa, so I’m going to make the best of it and I
love being able to preach the word of God and do his work. That’s it for
Monday, January 15th.
Tuesday, January 16th
So we played basketball again in the morning. I think I’m
getting a little bit better at it. We came home, studied, and had breakfast
then we went and did service for a jaja again which is awesome cuz Elder
Barber, Johnson and I cut down another tree that’s a total of like 3 three
threes cut down on the mission…let’s go. I’m just gonna say this, my shoulders
and biceps are just getting HUGE from cutting down all these trees and I have
really rough hands at least on my left hand. Um I got a blister inside of
another blister from last week. It hurt when I popped it. We then came home and
got ready and we went and taught Thomas and his friends which was really powerful.
Thomas is willing to have his family stay at the village so that he can be
baptized then have them come afterwards to figure out the marriage so he can be
baptized. He’s willing to be baptized without his family so that’s awesome. We
then went to the Jinja Chapel and watched the 1st Presidency
Announcement and Interview. President Nelson was roasting people. It was
awesome to watch. That lady reporter had no chance against Russell. So yeah it
was awesome, and that’s all for today. See you guys.
Wednesday, January 17th
So today was okay. We went into Jinja traveled for zone
conference which was actually really fun surprisingly. I learned a lot about
having a strong foundation, not being the weak link in the mission chain,
baptizing converts, progressing investigators and just being a better leader
hmm we are all called to be leaders we are all actually leaders we don’t have
to be zone leaders, district leaders or assistants to president we are all
leaders to the investigators we teach to help them guide them to that straight
and narrow path and help them get back to God. So every mission and everybody
in the church is a leader and so everybody is looking for someone for
direction. Actually President Collings surprised me he had horses back in the
states before he came out here which is awesome and also one of his most
favorite movies is “The Man From Snowy River.” Such an awesome movie! I miss
just watching movies. Well anyway, this day went by and we really only had
about an hour when we got back to the apartment so we were able to go and teach
Laurence, who is an investigator and he is really serious and he wants to be
baptized now he just has to come to church, so we’ll see if he does. Oh and
I’ll have my first exchange with my DL so we’ll see how that goes. Here we
go…hopefully I don’t screw things up. That’s it for Wednesday.
Thursday, January 18th
So today was exchanges so I was with Elder Robi and we had a
good day. He got chewed out by the office elders when they came and inspected
his apartment. It was hilarious, hmmm apparently, Elder Appiah the DL or ZL???
was supposed to mop on Monday, but he didn’t so it was super dirty. That was
just funny. We then had a good day of lessons on tithing we taught 5 lessons
and got 4 new investigators for Elder Apia and Elder Robi. I also realized
today that I could talk about home and such without getting homesick which is
good. As long as I’m working hard and forgetting myself, before I know it it
will be time for me to go home which is a day I couldn’t wish to come faster or
slower cuz as I’m here I want to be able to serve with all my heart, might,
mind and strength and be able to go home and not regret anything on my mission,
but I also want to see my family, but I know as I’m serving the Lord he will
bless me and my family so that’s everything for Thursday, January 18th.
Friday, Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday. January 19th.
Today was awesome, I can’t believe I only have one more week
and my 1st transfer is done.
Time has flown by and I love being on a mission. Today was hard because
I started thinking about how it would be to serve in a stateside mission and
all the privileges they have compared to here in this mission. You’re lucky
Zac. I just let the natural man in and I didn’t know if I could do this
mission. This mission is kindof hard actually but it is the hardest and easiest
thing I have done so Elder Johnson and I were able to talk and we were able to
rebuild and relieve my stress by helping me realize that I was called here to
this mission to teach someone that no one else could teach and I wouldn’t have
the memories that I have and these memories are awesome. I wouldn’t want to
trade them for anything. So anyway we taught some powerful lessons today and
the Holy Ghost was there prompting us and we served the Lord very well today.
We used his time well and I know that as I do that time will continue to fly by
and two short years is all I have to serve him with all my heart, might, mind and
strength and not have to worry about anything else for two years. So I’m going to do my best each and every day
and I hope that I’m able to get through this mission doing my very best and not
leave here, the mission field, not regretting anything in 2019. I know that as
I’m here my testimony will grow. It has already grown and I love the Lord and
he’s always by my side helping me. So that’s everything for Friday, January 19th.
Saturday, January 20th
Today was super busy we had a lesson planned for every hour
from 1 p.m. till 8 p.m. so we were teaching and moving a lot today we were just
cruzin’ which is awesome we were so busy that when I got a little homesick it
was okay because we were super busy so I only had time to be homesick for a little
bit. We were able to teach two new investigators, John Paul and his brother
Samuel. They just barely moved to Walukuba this is their second week here. They
came looking for work and they were able to find it in a steel mill which is
hard work but that’s what they have here. They said if they want a job this is
what they gotta do. They gotta work somewhere where they don’t like. It’s hard
but they gotta continue to push on. So like I’ve said before the mission is
really hard and its really easy at the same time, I’m finishing up the
adjusting stage to missionary hopefully as I adjust here fast I just become the
best missionary I can be. I love being here and I have some many great memories
so far and I know that the people I’ve met I wouldn’t have met if I had served
someplace else. I know that I was called here for a certain reason and as I
come closer to that reason I know that I can serve the Lord to the best of my
ability. I don’t know what I would be like if I hadn’t come on a mission also I
know that this is where the Lord wants me and I know deep inside my heart
somewhere in the bottom I know I want to be here as well and hopefully it will
work its way up so I can just love everybody. I know I’m being blessed and I
know my family is blessed while I’m out here serving and I know I don’t have
much longer to serve as these two months have flown by and so I’m down to 22
months but I need to serve him each and every day so I have nothing to regret
when I leave hopefully I can do that. Hopefully he will be able to help me do
that. I love you guys. That’s the end for January 20th.
Sunday, January 21st
So today was an okay day. It went by somehow fast and
somehow slow. We had church and a baptism which is awesome. We then went and
had district lunch. Elder Barber, God bless his soul he made spaghetti, ohhh so
good. Except there was no meat in the sauce, but hey it’s okay considering the
price of meat in this country. Lunch was amazing, I had almost three plates
hehe. We weren’t very successful today tracting wise, but Elder Johnson and I
are getting better at teaching lessons and the two lessons we were able to have
were super powerful. Hopefully both of them get baptized because both guys are
amazing. Laurence is very humble and ready to be baptized and Danzin is only a
little bit behind him. Also right before we taught Laurence we ran into the
threesome of Elders Barber, Burnham and Ankrah so we had a little extra time so
we played Ninja, oh what a stress relief. It was so much fun throughout the day
to do something fun as I was just messing around with the other elders for 5
minutes, I was just so happy to be here I realize that these people in my life
are going to help me be the best. I know that the mission is both the hardest
and the easiest thing I’ve started so far. I know that when I finish that I’m
doing the will of God’s work and I know that I need his help in everything that
I do here. But also I not only have his help but I have my companions help and
my district’s help. I know that as I continue on plowing through each day the
end is going to come faster then I think it will, but I want to stop talking
about the end because I’m still in the beginning. Just barely beginning so I
need to keep chugging along and keep becoming the best missionary possible. I
know that as I rely on the Lord he will help me and I love my family and I love
everybody. That’s if for Sunday, January 21st.
Oh, also Happy Birthday, Aunt Jessica hope you had a great
day and hope the baby is doing really well. All right, love you guys. See you.
No comments:
Post a Comment