Monday, January 8, 2018
Monday P-day awesome so today we had a sports day as a Zone we ended up playing soccer which I'm not too shabby at. But I got hurt my leg and Elder roby's leg collided at the shin. hopefully it wasn't anything serious we'll see tomorrow. We then went to jinga town and emailed and bought stuff like service shoes for me so they are just a bunch of knock-offs. Then we hung out at the other elders apartment until they got back from a lesson I'm ready to get back and go to work for the lord it's so much fun I'm actually looking forward to the best two years we'll see how it goes.
Tuesday, January 9, 2018
So today we started playing basketball in the morning which is super fun we then went and did service for jaja we finished cutting up the tree and ended up getting more blisters but we're fine now. We came home and had to get ready real fast because we had to meet with a member who had a referral for us which is awesome. The member is a recent convert his name is Joffrey and the guy we met is his brothers cousin so it's a little confusing over here but I don't know what that means so we got there and was supposed to teach just one guy but we ended up teaching 6 or 7 people because his neighbors wanted to listen in which is awesome. And then we ended up getting basically bounced the rest of the day. We got home the power was out but luckily it came back on before we were home for very long and so I just have to remember and keep my head up. Justice scripture I read that I really liked was proverbs 10-4 and if you guys want to look that up awesome go ahead but just something that I wrote is I must remain diligent over here never slacking off I'm not going to quit. Never die easy.
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Today was awesome again we went and played basketball then we had DDM which was long again but hey it's okay. We had an up-and-down day we got bounced we were also able to teach some lessons which was good. I realized that when I live in the moment here I don't worry about going home and I don't daydream the time and the day just flies by compared to when I first got out into the field here. Also I know that God is always by my side helping me along as long as I have faith and am diligent time will be up and then I'll be going home. I like that but I also don't like that cuz I don't want time to fly by too fast. So hopefully while I'm here I'll be able to do what I need to do here. Alright guys see you again.
Thursday, January 11, 2018
Today was a busy day we had a full day of lessons and we planned on doing service but we ended up not having it because no one had anyone to do service for so it actually worked out better for us cuz we had like seven or eight lessons planned but as you know the day went along and we ended up getting bounced for like 5 of them. The two or three lessons that we had were amazing though the Holy Ghost was so strong in the lessons. I don't know why I ever regretted coming out here. I know that this is the best two years that I'll ever have. Even better than doing this was seeing the people's look when we extended the baptism invitations and they both accepted. It made me so happy and now we're just hoping that fingers crossed that they keep the commitments we gave them. This mission is going by so fast. This week has just flown by it has helped me realize how little time I actually have to serve the Lord. it's just two years compared to the rest of our lives. It's such a small piece of time and I would encourage everybody who is preparing to go on a mission to prepare and get out here because as you are working and you're focusing and you forget yourself and go to work you'll change so much I just know that is true and it may seem like it takes forever but it's not going to. I'll see you guys tomorrow.
Friday, January 12, 2018
Today it was an okay day we went and played basketball again. We had weekly planning and we're actually starting to get more serious investigators instead of just fake ones who want to waste our time. We were moving a lot today we were just cruising and flying from place to place. It rained here so I didn't think we were going to leave the apartment but it died down so we were able to leave and have lunch. After lunch we had a two-hour break to wait until our first lesson because they called and pushed it back and so we just went and played some pool I'm getting better you guys better watch out for when I get home I'm going to be so good. We ended up getting bounced a lot today but once again the lessons we did have were amazing. I can't believe the end of this month I will have been out two months. Time is really just flying by. I'm going to jump in with two feet instead of keeping one foot at home and one foot here so I don't have anything to regret. Jumping in with two feet in the deep end. See you guys.
Saturday, January 13, 2018
Today was awesome considering it basically rained all morning. Everyone was inside while it rained man I love having mud instead of dust it is so much better. So we had about eight lessons planned for today and they were all looking good but then about half of them bounced but the ones we had we extended baptism invites and they all accepted which is really exciting. The people here are just so humble and they are ready and willing to accept the true gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm just surprised at how easy it is when you are working with the Lord by your side and I was actually surprised that Elder apia our district leader asked me today if I would baptize some investigators so they would become so I could baptize them tomorrow. I was like whoa wait what and he was like yeah I want you to have the experience so I was like okay so I get to baptized tomorrow and I know that the mission is so much fun so far I miss my family but I know that each day that goes by is one less day till I see them again most importantly it's one less day I have to serve so I have to keep pushing and working hard each and every day until the end. Also Happy Birthday, Breanna, hope you had a great day. Love you tons. Keep pushing guys.
Sunday, January 14, 2018
Today was awesome, church was amazing! We had five investigators actually show so that was awesome considering everybody here says they'll come and then they don't show up so we asked them how they liked it they enjoyed it a lot. We started our fast yesterday for a fellow missionary he had his father pass away which is really sad he has only been out one transfer longer than me but I hope that he knows that we love him we want him to make the best choice for himself. I'm really sorry for him and what he's going through right now. I don't know how hard it is to lose someone so close but it's got to be hard especially when you're out here but before I start crying anyway I was able to baptize two people today but they weren't my investigators they were my DL's, but he just wanted me to get some experience baptizing people. It was amazing, the only time that I felt the spirit that much was at Moroni's Quest when we had the man representing Jesus Christ come out and that was on the last day and it hit me so hard that this gospel is true. And that all he wants is for us to return and live with him again. So we've got to try our best everyday and make the best choices that we can and so I'm going to keep pushing hard and keep making the best of it. It's actually really cool one of our investigators that we just started teaching this week came to church and we gave him a book of Mormon and we gave one to another investigator so we gave away to the Book of Mormons today. It was awesome. Also we had a couple who have been investigating and they have been living together. They are technically married here in Africa but they're not married by the church standards. So they went and talked to the branch President yesterday and they are getting married on the 27th which is amazing and the wife plans to get baptized on the 28th and then the husband will follow her the next week which is awesome. This mission is so much fun and I don't know why people find it hard. Sure it's going to be 2 years, but it's going to be the best years of your life as long as you forget yourself and go to work it will be the best two years ever. Alright I'll see you guys in however long I have left. See you guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment